Monday, February 4, 2008

Pamela’s Products get a Thumbs-up!

Ok, so I have figured out through posting that I am always cooking with my kids. BUT, it is so much fun!

Last night since it was “Superbowl Sunday” so, we were in the “party” mode and my son said, “Mom, we need a fun party cake, a pretty cake, like at the store.” I agreed that a cake sounded wonderful, so we took off for the grocery store. We found the “pretty cakes” at a local conventional grocery store but I couldn’t bring myself to buy one. They were filled with so many artificial ingredients and trans-fats that I just couldn’t do it. It was late and I wasn’t sure we had enough time to make a homemade cake. We headed over to the “Natural Marketplace” section of the store. I was going to buy ingredients that I needed to make a homemade cake, but then I found a couple of gluten-free cake mixes by Pamela’s Products. We don’t necessarily need to eat gluten-free in my household, but the ingredients were quite “clean” and you only really needed to add eggs and oil. I picked up the Yellow Cake and Confetti White Frosting Mix and we were in business.

These cakes were easy, great tasting (especially the frosting…make with organic sprinkles) and the ingredients were simple, pronounceable and all natural!! YEA! Yes, they are gluten-free, so if you are sensitive to gluten, you can eat these too! The cake was moist and delicious!

Follow this link to Pamela’s website and check it out for yourself.
http://www.pamelasproducts.com/index.html


Ingredients in Yellow Cake Mix:
Organic Natural Evaporated Cane Sugar, Tapioca Starch, White Rice Flour, Potato Starch, Chicory Root, Sea Salt, Grainless & Aluminum Free Baking Powder (Sodium Bicarbonate, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate, Potato Starch), Organic Vanilla Powder (contains corn derivative), Rice Bran, Gluten-free Natural Vanilla Powder (contains corn derivative), Xanthan Gum.

Ingredients in Confetti Frosting Mix:
Organic Powdered Sugar (contains 3% corn starch); Let's Do...® Sprinkelz (organic evaporated cane juice, organic corn malt syrup, water, natural colors/extracts from seeds, vegetables or fruits); Gluten-free Natural Vanilla Powder (contains corn derivative); Salt.

No comments: