Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Fire Up the Grill!


Roasting vegetables is one of my favorite things to do. And, now that it is summertime I am so excited that I get to do it on the grill. I bought a pan awhile back for the barbecue, it looks like a regular pan that you would use on the stove but there are holes throughout just big enough to let the flames in, but the food will not fall out. It is great! I used it for the first time the other day for a melange of vegetables. Oh, they were so good! Here is a little recipe for the roasting the vegetables on the grill as well as a few yummy things to add to them. ENJOY!

Roasted Veggies on the Grill
3 small eggplant (I used white eggplant)-chopped
3 small zucchini-chopped
1 large red/yellow pepper-chopped
20 artichoke hearts (we bought these frozen, they were awesome, we found them at Trader Joe's, you can thaw them and toss them in anything
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning (a blend of Italian spices, including oregano, basil, and garlic)
1 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
10 fresh cherry or grape tomatoes (I added those to the mix after the grilling)

Toss all of the above ingredients together in a large bowl
Let sit for about 10 minutes
Pour into a barbecue skillet or a wire barbecue rack
Grill and toss for about 20 minutes on high heat

Eat as is or...
Toss with some olive oil and Parmesan cheese and orzo or basmati rice
Add to a pasta dish

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi There. I have just been looking through your blog and it is excellent. I have now bookmarked it and will be a regular reader. I especially like the design and the photos. I am a blogger myself and have set up a site called www.ifoods.tv where bloggers and foodies can share their photos and drive traffic to their own blog. Would love to see some of your great photos on there! Keep the great work up on the blog. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hello Simplyfoodonline,
Love the premise of your site. Really interesting stuff on your blog. I have a cookbook and web cooking show dedicated to a similar cause - simple natural food for the whole family. The web site is www.cookusinterruptus.com (how to cook fresh local organic whole foods despite life's interruptions)and my cookbook is Feeding the Whole Family. I'd love to send you a copy if you would be willing to review it on your blog.
Thank you for your time.
Cynthia Lair

Sarah said...

Wow this looks absolutely good and probably taste delicious. I can’t wait to try this at home.