Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Morning Glory Cafe' at The Farm-Fantastic Eating Experience!


It has been almost a week since I posted. I was in Phoenix Arizona for a few days. While I was there I had breakfast at wonderful restaurant called, The Morning Glory Café at The Farm, nestled in the South Mountain in Phoenix Arizona. It was one of the best eating experiences that I have ever had. All seating for the restaurant was outside. They had wonderful coffees, teas and other beverages that you were able to serve yourself while waiting for your server/hostess. The staff there was very laid back and made you feel very comfortable in your surroundings.

There we were, sitting at our table in the middle of a farm nestled in a mountain, surrounded by vegetables that could be found in the dishes on the menu and a little further away chicken that provided the eggs that made our omelets. It was amazing. Our server, was very warm and welcoming and offered fresh muffins that were still steaming. These could have easily been the best muffins I have ever had in my life. We passed a few different muffins around so we could all taste the different flavors. Next we ordered breakfast. I ordered the South Mountain omelet, comprised of seasonal local grown vegetables, Swiss chard, and Black Mesa Ranch Goat Cheese, served with Rosemary potatoes. It was fantastic. After breakfast we toured the farm, which includes an artist studio and retreat. There are two other restaurants on site, The Farm Kitchen and Quiesessence, a restaurant and wine bar.
PLEASE check out their website and if you are ever in the Phoenix area, check out this restaurant. You will not be disappointed!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to forward this info onto my Mom and Nick. Sounds like a great place! Looking forward to hearing how your trip went...mat